View Single Post
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 18:26   #6
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris 10 View Post
Does anybody know if these parts will fit a 2014 D3 engine the block of which features a tapped hole as described in the original post of the thread?

Volvo Parts Shop were unable to confirm if they would fit the D3 but offered to supply them for £60.39 including VAT and delivery which seems reasonable as a way of avoiding the hassle of reaching the technician's dipstick.

Having never had a service at Volvo independents on a previous 2.4D where the sump has not been overfilled a better dipstick arrangement would be a major benefit.

I suspect the problem with the "we put back exactly the same volume as we took out sir" is in not allowing for the new oil being cold but when heated to the temperature of the old having a significantly greater volume!
If it's the 5 cylinder lump with the technicians dip stick I would expect it to. Make a note of the oil level as shown on the technicians dipstick and compare when the full sized one is fitted. Provided you are aware of any difference between them you know how to compensate for the new dip stick.

A dealer could possibly confirm, my dealer was not sure there was a kit until I supplied the part numbers.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote