View Single Post
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 00:43   #1
captain_pugwash_20
Master Member

Default '89 740 SE Auto Saloon for sale

Hello everyone. Sadly due to a recent bereavement, Anna-Frid is available on the market. I do not need to 'cart' such things as wheelchairs and other disability aids around now and am having to source something much smaller. Anna has a new exhaust and a very recent main fuel pump. However, being honest, I have just noticed that the front nearside shocker needs replacing. The offside balljoint needs replacing and is lying in the boot awaiting fitting. Tonight, after dropping off my family after my wife's funeral, she decided to stop running. I think it's the fuel pump relay as there's no tell tale hum from the pump on cranking. Bodily, she's pale metallic blue and in sound condition except that last year, a disenchanted England fan decided to take out his frustration on Anna by jumping onto her bonnet. He slipped and landed on the small piece of fixed body just above the windscreen and in front of the sunroof. There's a small dent in that and of course the bonnet is dented too. When all is well, the engine (144000 miles) starts easily, there's no oil loss and no smoke. The gearbox has given no trouble whatsoever. The only thing is that the kickdown cable siezed and snapped, but I never missed it because if I did need a boost, I only had to press the overdrive cancel button. MOT is up to July as is the Tax. Well that's about it. To start my 'small car' fund, may I ask for around £300? She's well worth doing up and to someone handy, it would be a doddle. If anyone wants her for organ donation, then I think there's a lot in her for the price. I have to be honest, I would have kept her if only I could have afforded the time to put her right, but while nursing my wife, my time was extremely curtailed. Now she's not here, Anna must go to another home as she's served me well until today and coincidentally has failed me right at the moment when she became surplus to my requirements.
captain_pugwash_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to captain_pugwash_20 For This Useful Post: