Thread: XC90 v XC60
View Single Post
Old Jun 15th, 2019, 01:14   #18
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
It is the rear door arrangement which really puts me off the XC60. All the 5hit from the road gets flung into the rear edge of the rear door. If you look in the wheelarch you can even see the rubber of the rear door seal. I cant see how this will be durable and also it must be really easy to get mucky when getting in......
It is a pain on the previous generation Range Rover [no idea about current one] and even the Classic Range Rover. It’s bad enough for town driving but when it’s used like I use them, they get really really filthy in that area and it isn’t nice or even acceptable. The one area Volvo have improved on XC60 compared with 90 is that the doors extend past the sills, where the 90 has sills that both protrude and get dirty. The Ford Edge is excellent in this respect as the doors extend way down over the sills and perhaps are even part of the sills for crash protection. The passengers don’t have to extend their legs out of the side hardly at all to reach the ground. Pity about the plastics surrounding the Sync3 though.

Last edited by Quacker; Jun 15th, 2019 at 01:23.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote