View Single Post
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 16:18   #9
rct1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
I think you are looking at this and the other AIDS the wrong way .. you seem to be depending on them which is wrong ..
YOU are the person steering and driving the car at all times, no one or nothing else is ..

The AIDs come in when you are failing in your duty to control the car properly for whatever reason . In normal use a good driver NEVER has the AIDs engage .
It's like City Safety, you drive along and don't brake expecting the AIDs to do it for you and stop you hitting the car in front ? NO of course not , it should be the same with the other AIDs ...
If I bought a car with these additional safety features I want to know they're working as advertised. I've found the vibration warning to be useful in the past, especially on my old V40 where I could actually feel it, which is why if there's an issue in my current car I want to know about it and get it fixed. Except the garage are telling me it's ok, and I don't agree with them.

One particular use case, if I'm driving on pilot assist and the steering assist disables because the car loses track of the lane markings, clearly I want to know about this. I don't want to find out steering assist has turned off as the car fails to take the corner as expected, because then I have to overcompensate, even if my reaction is only a second delayed. It's an important safety feature. I'm not depending on AIDS, but for then to be of any value at all they have to actually give you the feedback they're supposed to.
rct1234 is offline   Reply With Quote