View Single Post
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 23:16   #5
magnuz
Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by mies123 View Post
okay, so I found out that the seatbelt buckle on the front passenger seat was completely missing the wire which connected to the cars SRS system. I took the buckle from the old seat which had wire still intact and swapped it with the faulty one.

Now there are no missing connections under the seat but the airbag light still hasn't gone off. Could this have been the problem? Don't you still have to reset the airbag light even though the issue may have been fixed?

I'm still concerned about the 2 other fault messages complaining about the faulty SIPS bag signal on both sides.
Yes, you need to use the scan tool to reset/clear the codes, even when the fault is fixed !
Intermittent fault codes may have been there for some time as an historical code, so may not be the cause of the light to come on ?
Some others members on here may know more, but i believe that some fault codes for the SRS system stay in the history & can't always be fully deleted, but it can be reset for the light to go out & for the system to work as it should do ?
But check all the connections/plugs, etc & reset /clear codes & see what happens ?

Last edited by magnuz; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 23:21.
magnuz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to magnuz For This Useful Post: