View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 15:02   #8
deeman940
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casheye View Post
Well good luck with that. I mean that in a totally non facetious way. I don't think I've come across a type of car that has been more problematic to value than a Volvo 9 series. You can pick up a decent runner for less than £400 or end up splurging £4000 on one that is also for sale on these forums. Book value for these according to insurers, comes in at >£300 so unless you've got an agreed value, there's no point spending the extra on the more expensive ones for sale.

I think the whole spiel about them 'fast becoming classics' is completely moot as something is either a classic, or it's not. And I don't think someone who has money to spend on a classic car is going to be looking at a Volvo wagon of this generation. But to be fair, it looks tidy and it sounds like you've looked after it and as you've priced out most of the people who'd be looking for a manual to drive sideways, hopefully you'll get a conscientious buyer who's looking to get another 20+ years out of this car.

I do think the white with the coloured indicators was one of the better colour schemes on these cars. Leather seats and aircon and I'd be knocking on your door.

I disagree, the values which insurance companies work to mean nothing. What someone is prepared to pay in the real world is the relevant topic here. I don't know exactly what 'becoming a classic' means but values are rising. A clean 115k 2.3 turbo 97 car went for £2900 recently on bids on ebay...that says it all for me.
deeman940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deeman940 For This Useful Post: