View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2019, 07:00   #19
id5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by id5 View Post
...I have tested the Tyre Pressure System this morning, dropping the nearside rear wheel to 20psi and it did not raise any warning. I could test the rest but there is little point as I have proven that something is wrong with at least one of the sensors that I think could have caused this problem to occur.

I will get the car alignment checked next week, change the offside front tyre for a new one and rotate the backs to the front. I will then send a compensation claim into the council to see if I can get them to pay. The car also needs a service, so I tell the dealer the problem with the sensor, the problem with the driving on a space saver and my theory, and then let them solve it. When I get it back, I will have some fun seeing if I can re-create either problem. The car is still under standard and Select warranty so if they haven’t fixed it then they will have it back until they do…
Some news. After two new tyres, alignment checks, getting the V40 to repeat the problem on the Tempa spare, it went off for a service. I asked them to look at the TPM as it does not warn if I change to a Tempa spare nor if the pressure drops and told them that is does not throw up any warnings when using the spare. The technician, checked the codes, reset the electrics, updated software and said if the problem occurs again bring it in. So, the computer said no, and actually doing some physical testing such as dropping the pressure on a wheel and going up and down the road was beyond them or they would not investigate.

It is easy to use 20/20 hindsight and say why didn’t you do this test. Instead I will play the game and when I get a few spare hours to waste I will drop the pressure and drive it in.
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote