View Single Post
Old Apr 2nd, 2020, 09:01   #6
Clifford Pope
Not an expert but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicBike View Post
Are you referring to the black one on the throttle body? Mine doesn't have it, not sure where the idle adjust would be? I can adjust the throttle body butterfly stop, but it's already fully shut.

That's it - the screw stop that limits how far the butterfly stays open a fraction when the accelerator is fully released.
I don't think yours sounds right, which could be the cause of the uneven running. Yours sounds as if the IAV is trying to control all the air at idling in order to produce a smooth idle. I don't think it's meant to do that. My understanding is that the preset gap in the butterfly plate supplies most of the idling air, and the IAV then does a fine adjustment by feeding in a little more.

That's how all mine have appeared to work, anyway. I suspect your IAV is being asked to do all the work.

(You don't mean the cable adjuster at the end of the throttle cable? There is meant to be a tiny bit of take-up free movement there, before the TB moves at all. If the idling were being controlled by the cable length then it would dither about as the engine wobbled.)
Clifford Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clifford Pope For This Useful Post: