View Single Post
Old Dec 19th, 2018, 20:21   #45
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welton View Post
The new LED headlamps seem to have taken over from HID light sources but when you try to look closely a typical LED headlamp appears to be made up of at least 2 LED bulbs working together to form the light beam.

This morning I had some modern SUV thing behind me on a dark country lane and I could see this 'double bulb' effect in my excellent auto-dimmed rear view mirror the effect was almost a car with 4 x headlamps on! and in the case of some SEAT's the 'headlamp' appears to be a row of at least 5 x LED's all pointing in the same direction.

They should perfect LED light sources before bundling a few together to make one!

I can just about tolerate a properly housed HID light source of around 5000K (white) but these LED's are definitely blueish with a sharp beam, I read on another forum where a guy went to an automotive exhibition and spoke to Hella (or similar) and they said it was possible to 'soften' the sharp cut-off line produced by LED's but Premium Brand Customers wanted it! almost like "my headlights are brighter than yours" so therefore I'm better than you...

yeps theres a Whole bunch of t(sser( who think like that,
they Used to be confined to bmw/audi ownership , having passed the "you must be this dumb to own one" test,, sadly standards have slipped, now every wannabe t**T in a "Suv" or poxy fart box wants them,, probably to compensate for having a 1.fkal 3 cyl turbo engine that couldnt pull the skin off a school rice pudding.