View Single Post
Old Dec 26th, 2018, 21:44   #47
bgarston

Quote:
Originally Posted by noscralc View Post
I cannot understand why everybody seems to be such in a big hurry and has to get in front of you no matter if you catch them up at the next junction or traffic lights-madness. The standard of driving is very often shocking-to say the least.
Agreed - I'm not sure what it is its like when they see V O L V O on the rear of the car or an estate car they think I am going slow - in fact I am usually doing the speed limit, following the flow of the traffic albeit allowing a breaking space so I am not up the ar*e of the car in front - this is something else (leaving a breaking space) that appears to be a mystery to most others on the road these days. I have also noticed an increase in the number of people that think that if they indicate to change lanes on a motorway that makes it ok and gives them the god given right for them to cut others (me) up irrespective of what else is going on at the time.

I very much agree that the standard of driving has slipped and is "very often shocking-to say the least". This could have a lot of to with the increased reliance of ANPR/traffic/speed cameras and the lack of actual proper old fashioned policing - I think <tongue in cheek>Driving licenses are given away with packets of corn flakes</tongue in cheek> and at the risk of sounding like my dad (!) once someone has one it must be very hard indeed to loose your license once you have it.

Ben

1996 Volvo 940 CD 2.3 LPT (His) & 2003 Volvo V70 SE D5 (Hers....until it goes wrong!)

Last edited by bgarston; Dec 26th, 2018 at 21:48.
bgarston is offline   Reply With Quote