View Single Post
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 20:56   #27
Dazzlev70r

You almost got it bang on Cumbria although in my case to be fair will be slightly diffrent to others in the fact im disabled so the car is leased via motability leasing and insured through them as well underwritten by RSA

This has gone on for months now and solicitors in my case have made very very little progress as Volvo wont share anything unless firstly the solicitor actualy obtains an order to do so

The poor lady at motability actualy cried other day shes worked constantly to gain an answer and to liase with insurance company only to constantly hit brick walls

In my case it stepped up after a reseacher for watchdog spoke firstly to me then to motability and Volvo
within 24 hours ive been offered a full refund of deposit and a new car from VW bieng super rushed through to replace my V70 normaly a 12 week wait im told to expect it in 2 - 3 weeks

I was going to say nothing and not contribute to this thread after all clearly 99% of us dont want to read this and after all im ok jack as they say

Then i felt for original poster and the others also affected by this, I remember the phone calls of hostility from VCUK
I remember the smarmy dealer who sold me the car now no longer returning my calls
I still paying for solicitors costs, everyone who knows my case states im not in the wrong I done everything a member of public can do yet im paying HP on a caravan that been written off and still Volvo can and have written informing the insurance I was over wieght yet wont reply to me actual figures

Not bieng mean i applaud the mods who made this sticky and wish like everyone the topic will go away, but it wont unless Volvo after a year of snubbing everyone actualy lay this dog to rest.

Its an extremely serious issue, just say you kill someone in an incident and find your insurance invalid
Im told ignorance is no defence in UK law, im also told showing the judge the documents you believe to be accurate at the time but later proved wrong is also no defence

Its down to us to almost daily observe any changes in regulations

Simply UK versions do not hold a stand up in court or VOSA reccomendation, the figures out there at present are way below european specs

Sorry someone is ****ing on our backs and telling us its raining, maybe Volvo do know there customers better than we think
Tell them nothing and treat them ignorantly and like fools we will (because we have) got away with it

A car is the 2nd biggest purchase we make in our lifes after our houses yet I wonder if you buy a £300 oven that burns all food after a misprint in the settings how long wed keep it
30K on a car and we ignore the issues thats ok i respect that but i do wonder why more are not shocked and i offer a pint to those who have gone through what i have with Volvo and wish them all the best
Dazzlev70r is offline   Reply With Quote