View Single Post
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 07:51   #28
ChrisE
Volvo Owner Since 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlev70r View Post
Chris is 75kg for a manual the actual legal specification set by Volvo?

as so far despite a lot of mails no one anywhere will put there name on record
in fact if its a simple misprint why havent Volvo informed the owners after all thats simple to do

And why is the european specs diffrent from UK?

This isnt a new thing by the way these misprints have gone on for a fair while now

And how is a misprint in the XC60 handbook linked to misprints on the V70 range?
Why have all brochures been removed yet the website remains unchanged in many cases

Im also aware website disclaimers do stand up where a disclaimer in brochure and handbook dont
The dealers if pressed will only quote figures that are given now on the website, wont pick the phone up and ring there contacts

If its a string of genuine misprints thats cool, inform people etc but this isnt happening here in UK
Many are paying fortunes in solicitors trying to get a correct answer
In my case VCUK are now arrogant and rude even refusing to talk about this
In my case after 6 months my supplier of the vehicle has given up trying to get a definitive answer and ended the contract I know of a couple of others in my boat

The topic starter clearly at wits end after what seems similar encounters.
Im suprised so many of us are oblivious as it goes
Theres serious consequences as ive found out should your insurance be voided because of all this
Resale values and not to mention buying something unfit for the purpose should be a consideration
Im not going to be part of a hanging squad but something clearly is very wrong in a lot of areas
Customer service skills now to be fair has to be failing and a recall or at least a letter of informity should of been issued to owners of these cars informing them of the situation
Again the same cars in Europe remain unchanged, in fact newer models still carry the "misprints"

My question is where does genuine misprints and mistakes stop and blatant misrepresentation start?
As I understand it 75kg is the legal maximum towball load for a UK spec MANUAL XC60. The Volvo product manager, I am told, got this definitively from Volvo.

Why the UK might be unique I have no idea. I had not realized that it was.

I can't see this relates directly to the V70 at all except that if they regularily get it wrong it might just tell us something about the care they take in preparing documentation.

The brochures have not been removed - they are still on the UK web site & they will send you one if asked. They are no longer held in dealers to save waste - well that is what a dealer told me anyway

I agree that Volvo should contact owners to tell them of the mistake. As I posted this the very day that both Volvo & I found out I think they might need a little time. They will argue, I guess, that it was the catalogue that sold the vehicle & that it is correct. The handbook only comes into play once you already own an XC60 so the 90kg in the handbook could not have influenced your buying decision. As it is available on the website I am not so sure.

If Volvo consistently get towing weights wrong I am amazed as they used to be the standard caravan towcar although this is no longer true.

I am so sorry for the problems that Dazzle70vr is having. Unfortunately it probably takes a disabled person & motability for this to get any priority.
I will be very interested to hear what comes out of a Watchdog item.
ChrisE is offline   Reply With Quote