View Single Post
Old Nov 27th, 2018, 13:59   #7
Lexman8
Premier Member

Was at the dealer's this morning for the VCM safety recall. I asked them to do a full s/w update while there. Took 45 mins. Changes are:
Updates from and including November 2018
  • The option to deactivate the tyre pressure monitoring system, TPMS, using the "Car status" app in the centre display is reintroduced.
  • Update of adjustments of lumbar and side supports that are set and saved in a driver profile. The supports are adjusted, as before, when the door is unlocked with a key connected to the profile, with the addition that they will be adjusted again when the car is turned on to take into account the actual pressure that occurred when the driver sat down in the driver's seat.
  • Driver profiles: The list of driver profiles has been updated with information in order to provide a clearer overview. If a profile has a key linked to it then this will now be printed in the list under the profile name. To make it easier to save changes to a protected driver profile, a "Save" button has been added by the active profile in the shortcuts menu for driver profiles.
  • The car can be driven away when the electric parking brake is deactivated even if "Auto hold" is activated and the driver's seatbelt is not buckled.
I'm not sure about the first one. I thought TPMS was compulsory?

Anyhoots, I asked about PA3 and came away with no new information on it other than it's only available on the V60. I'm not even sure how accurate that is?

He did say that the new XC90 will be introduced in 2021 and will be available with "fully digitised" road mapping meaning a higher level of [semi] autonomous driving.