Thread: General: 70: - Volvo/ Volvo UK
View Single Post
Old Apr 16th, 2019, 14:52   #4
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippy View Post
You'd be surprised, most marques scan the popular forums, instance, on the Audi forum a while back, chap bought a biturbo then chipped it and spammed the forums with 'how quick am I' posts. Stupid enough to post a pic with his reg. Got an email from Audi UK telling him his warranty on his power train wasn't worth the paper it was written on. It's a learning curve.
I do not doubt they will see any excuse to avoid liability, but is that customer service?
Like all manufacturefs, everything is fine untill it's not, then it's buyer beware.

My selekt warranty 100 point check failed to find the delaminating rear radius arm bushes and when it was found during the warrantee period I was told wear and tear not covered on a car that had 35,000 from new. In short not worth the paper it was written on. No help when an exhaust sensor failed putting the car into limp mode and costing £300 to rectify with only 68,000 miles on the car. They have made their money and care not as I will not buy new since I cannot dowe spec seats from leather to cloth. In short you can have what we give you or bugger off.

Sorry, not when it's my £35k

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote