View Single Post
Old Mar 11th, 2016, 10:11   #17
mikepday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio View Post
Hi every one i got this info from my friends in Europe my be it help to all you

Make sure all doors are closed, as well as the hood. Make sure the tailgate or trunk is locked. Get into the car and lock all doors.

Insert the key and turn it from the insertion position (position I) to the "on" position (position II - not the "start" position) five times. In other words, all the dash lights come on, but the engine doesn’t start. When you turn the key to ON the fifth time, leave it there. You have 10 seconds to perform this whole step.

Hold down each remote button for a second or two, so the car identifies those buttons as the ones to respond to. If you want multiple remotes to work for that car, you’ll need to hit the buttons on each of them in rapid succession (all within 5 seconds) as well. You can program up to three remotes per car.

Get new batteries if the above doesn’t work, and try it again. If you already have new batteries in the remote, then proceed to the next step.

Press and hold down the odometer reset button.

Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.

Release the odometer button while the service reminder light (SRL) flashes. Don’t wait until the flashing stops to release the odometer button. If you did that, you waited too long.

Turn the ignition off.

Does anyone know if this is specific procedure for the V/S40 series or will it work with my XC70 2004, as well. I used to used a similar procedure to reprogram my Land Rover Discovery 1 key fobs as they used to die on a regular basis.

Ex V70,XC90, XC70
mikepday is offline   Reply With Quote