View Single Post
Old Feb 8th, 2018, 21:40   #8
winsox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejenner View Post
The transmission oil change went very smoothly. No major spillages. The old oil was dark and smelly. The transmission is about a million times smoother following the change.

It does still have the problem with the solenoid sticking. It doesn't happen until the car has fully warmed up. Also, if you're not driving faster than 30~ish MPH it does not try to change up and the lights stay off and it drives smoothly.

I am hoping that if I leave it for a few weeks it might cure itself. i.e. with the new oil in there it might clean the solenoid and make it work better. While the box is cold the solenoid works ok so it will be cycling bathed in fresh fluid and there's an outside chance whatever sticky crap is on it will wash off. It drives pretty well so will be no problem to leave it.
I had the same problem with mine.. I took the solenoids out and disassembled them.. cleaned them and ran a drill bit though them to top them jamming when warm.. they were full of dirt and also the blue sleeve material had come apart jamming the rods inside. few ours work and its 100000% better. Used to not go into 3rd .. would flare..revs going sky high and then jumping into gear with a bang. If you still have problems id try this method... ;-)

Volvo 850R Estate 1996 Manual Conversion
SLK AMG 350 R172
winsox is offline   Reply With Quote