View Single Post
Old Feb 7th, 2021, 00:38   #1
Joseph Martin
Master Member

Default B200K Temperature Sensor Wiring

Shortly before taking my car off the road before its MoT expiring in late November I noticed that my temperature gauge had dropped to 'cold' and the red coolant warning light was on. The car showed no signs of overheating and no loss of coolant, cold hoses or cold air through the vents. I thought this would be the coolant temperature sensor below no. 2 cylinder on the intake manifold side, so I ordered one up. Only when I went to fit it today did I discover that a) I've ordered the wrong one as the one on my car is a spade connector, and b) the wiring itself was actually disconnected and the end of the plug was broken, likely due to the heat exposure and 33 year old plastic. It seemed a bit of a 'stretch' to the coolant temp sensor but it wouldn't plug back in anyway due to it being broken. Do I stand a chance of getting one of these to replace it? And if so, where would it plug in at the other end? A Scottish winter day today meant I didn't spend too long under the bonnet to investigate. Thanks in advance.
S40 1.6 (x2); 440 1.6i
Joseph Martin is offline   Reply With Quote