View Single Post
Old Apr 23rd, 2018, 13:21   #1
DionBullock
Volvo Nut

Default C70 Convertible Purchase

Posting this in the correct section this time!

Hi Guys! A C70 came up for sale on ebay very local to myself this week and with the spat of nice weather we've been having I thought "why not?"!! I really wanted a T5, but try and find a nice example in manual thats not over 200miles away and are asking top dollar!

It's a 2001 2.0T manual, she drives better than expected for a convertible but is best used to cruise along rather than attack the corners! I believe these are about 160bhp? What would a remap unleash, 190ish? Is it even worth it?

There are a few bits and niggles that I need to get sorted of the next few months. Mainly to sort out the "hunting" idle. From what I can gather it's probably either an airflow meter, ETM, spark plugs/coils or leaking injectors. I'll have to hook her up to a diagnostic tool before i start spending on parts! Do people still clean ETM's these days or replace with a new/refurb unit?? No lights up on the the dash either.

The drivers seat has seen better days, could anyone recommend a leather restorer? Or again is it easier to replace the seat from a breaker if one can be found in decent condition?

The plan is to enjoy it while the sun shines!

Edit;
Had the car a few days now and can't help notice the musty smell... The previous owner said the roof didn't leak, but do these fabric roofs trap anymore moisture than a hardtop car to give a more damp smell? Nothing is obviously wet when I have a feel of the carpets etc. weird.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180420_202947_resized.jpg (321.4 KB, 17 views)
DionBullock is offline   Reply With Quote