View Single Post
Old Jul 21st, 2015, 23:27   #19
Mike 700
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goughie1872 View Post
Just joined today&this is my first post,referring to a post above I wish I was "abusing the system "because then I'd be able to return to work instead of being bored all day and relying on benefits of DLA doesn't make me rich,I lose half my mobility benefit in having a car so Im not exactly getting it for nothing,I've worked for over 30years before I became unfit to work and I am not a scrounger,those who cast doubt on people like myself should really try to understand what being disabled is all about before suntanning their tongues
The problem is Goughie ,and welcome btw, that there are people out there, who are abusing the system, and we all know at least one, I'll bet?

But there are far more in genuine need, and who are not abusing the system, but who are getting tarred with the abuser's brush through ignorance and I'm afraid 'jealousy' - why should they have a new car free when I can't !

Well, as you say, it's not free, and the deposits and monthly payments are little different from what the 'objectors' can get , if they just looked, and I agree that any one of us would gladly give up our so called 'perk' to be back to full health & working again.

No one in genuine need should be ashamed of taking up a Motabilty car offer, any more than they should be ashamed of taking medication or having surgery, it's all part of making life a little easier for those who need it.

Regards.
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike 700 For This Useful Post: