View Single Post
Old Jun 21st, 2019, 19:15   #12
pallison

My mistake, it was the micro usb OBD cable I bought for my previous camera and I had to buy a micro to mini usb converter for the Viofo camera. That was just a couple of pounds from eBay if I recall and is just a straight piece about 3cm long.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GK0...w?usp=drivesdk

Not sure if the picture link will show above, but I ran the rear cable round the headlining, and through the rubber conduit between the roof and the bootlid. The ends of the conduit can be released just by squeezing them and I was able to wiggle the end of the cable through eventually. Once the cable is inside the bootlid the best way I found to route it was by making a hole in the trim piece at the top of the window. Cutting off the clip on the rear and using a sharp blade made a hole just big enough for the connector to fit though. This trim just pops off and is easily replaced should I ever want to remove the camera and return the car to standard. I used a rubber gromit just to tidy up the square hole and keep things neat.

The rear camera is just stuck to that same trim piece with one of the sticky pads it came with, and the lens is angled down a little o get a clear view through the window. Fitting it above the glass also helps to minimise how it appears in the rear view mirror and from outside the car (with the privacy glass it's almost invisible).
pallison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pallison For This Useful Post: