Thread: Suspension: - rear drop links , symptoms ?
View Single Post
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 12:11   #12
Blue 8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christheancient View Post
This is an interesting topic to me as I sometimes get those 'knocking' noises. However, the car was give its MoT yesterday (from my favourite indy who is strict - but a 1st time pass with observation that the front flexi brake hoses will need doing soon) and there was absolutely nothing deemed to be wrong around the rear end suspension. I even asked specifically about rear 'hangers' on the exhaust as they were discussed as a future possible problem last year - but they were still OK.

What I have noticed about my occasional rear 'knocks' is that they are a lot less frequent when the car has gone a couple of miles or so and 'warmed up'.

My own next line of investigation will involve looking at the contents of the boot, the fit of the panels and the adjustment of the tailgate fit.
Mine is also much less noticeable after the car as warmed up , I have emptied my load area completely even removed the space saver , ive checked all panels .

Ive been under side and checked the exhaust all to no avail and like you mine also went straight through an mot only a week ago.

Ruby-red pearl 854 GLT 2.5 20v 62k.....Andy
Blue 8 is offline   Reply With Quote