View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2019, 08:53   #33
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Thanks chaps for all your recent suggestions and apologies that other commitments have led to silence from me.

UPDATE :
Not much of one really. I should have bet all my $ on this one as I predicted it would happen ; she needed a new rear calliper and yep suppliers sent a 2wd version not the 4 and garage did not open the box until several days later !

She spent 9 days at the garage as a result ! My prognosis of knackered alternator was correct ( what a pity 3 different RAC clowns 🤡 did not have the savvy to put a meter across the battery terminals resulting in my 14 hour Liverpool to London trip ) replaced for less than I can buy one

She now starts and runs with MAF connected but running is still lumpy on acceleration. Garage said they put her on diagnostics and she was clear of codes. Not sure I believe this as 1 she came back to me with the EML on ( cleared and not returned in 150 miles - PNUTT sorry did not have time to call in on way to Wildtracks 10 days ago ) and 2 VOL FCR logs the same 4 codes, clear them they return

Been waiting since last Thursday for garage to be free so we can combine forces and try and work it out !

Discovered yday I have a parasitic drain, hoping it is microswitch ( yet another one ) !!!

Will update soonest
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote