View Single Post
Old Jan 18th, 2003, 16:39   #1
andy1

hi all, i was recently on the auction site ebay looking for a u.s produced workshop manual when i came across a company in the states selling manuals on cd rom format which cover all recent models the seller claims that these contain exactly the same info as the dealers have access to, (freedom of information act and all that?)any one come across these before? the asking price is $26 which if they are as good as they claim is pretty good
p.s i recently asked a question on this site about the correct oil spec to use in a v70 manual transmission a subject which is apparently covered by the official secrets act in this country, as all manuals/handbooks only list a volvo part number and main dealers refuse on pain of death to disclose (but they will flog it to you at £18/litre!)i found out from a very helpfull guy at volvo north america(in stark contrast to volvo uk}it is a fully synthetic 5-30 so no excuse for not changing it(sorry i forgot "it lasts the life of the vehicle sir" yeah course it does}