View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2021, 18:24   #46
YorkshireDave
VOC Member

Default Update

So, at the beginning of Feb 21 I bought my XC90 from a forum member. After explaining I was pushing the boat out on the price, he reassured me by saying, "The car is in top condition, I am thinking of doing a remap at some stage just to reduce the usual turbo lag, other than that she needs nothing."

I am now 100% convinced he'd been advised to get rid due to the tug boat noise. His bills demonstrate spend to try to track down issues. So he found 'super sucker' me. Just want to say to him that whilst he may not have known the exact issue, he downright lied so is a dishonest swine and I truly hope karma kicks in big time very soon.

I have spent a grand total of £3345 in a new second hand engine, parts and labour to get myself what was originally advertised. That excludes the cost of 4 month's worth of tax and insurance for an undrivable vehicle.

Of course the vehicle can never be 'worth' what has been spent. I was advised from day one to get rid, but I simply could not do that to another human being never mind a fellow Volvo owner & forum member. Some might consider that daft or soft, but hey that's me

My takeaways from all of this? 1) Trust no one who's in marketing or takes nice pictures... & 2) Anyone who has the tell tale tugboat sound, IT IS SERIOUS. Get it fixed ASAP otherwise it's a new engine and a whole load of sh1t...

Thank you to everyone who helped/advised. It's been a hell of a journey and I've learned shed loads

all cars everywhere are a perpetual work in progress...
YorkshireDave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to YorkshireDave For This Useful Post: