View Single Post
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 09:38   #11
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by green van man View Post

As for night driving, do it regularly, as with all life's changing circumstance you just adapt and cope with it.

Paul.
After many years of having to drive during the hours of darkness, Paul, now that I no longer need to, I avoid doing so as much as possible.

Yes, you are right, people do adapt and cope with changing circumstances, but equally do not need to go to the North Pole to know that they will find snow there. Part of my coping strategy is therefore to avoid night driving if I can, but to use the best possible gasses if and when I have no alternative but to do so.

'noscralc', '360beast', '60041' and 'DaveNP', a professional driver, all agree that night driving is more challenging than it once was. They cannot all be wrong and should not be obliged to adapt and cope.

I do agree that modern styling cues combined with engineering complexity do make changing a bulb more difficult, which is one reason there are so many 'one-eyed monsters' on the roads today as well.

Surely we owe it to those who have to drive at night, especially professionals like 'DaveNP' and your goodself, ferrying nurses in difficult conditions, to do so in comfort and safety without the need to adapt and cope. I imagine that you have enough to cope with already without adding unnecessarily to the burden.

Regards, John.