View Single Post
Old Jul 9th, 2018, 17:53   #7
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Were the 3 dealers all of German Marques ?

Dealer 2 I would Hazard a guess at either the 4 rings or the Blue & white badge. I've come across dealers of these brands that assume that the cars will sell themselves & you the customer have already got the sale in the bag.

I sympathise with the Football Shirt thing, it was a big event on Saturday & the company may have relaxed the rules thinking the majority of typical customers will be watching the match rather than looking at cars.

No excuse for ignoring the customer though.

A mate of mine turned up at a Porsche dealer a good few years ago in jeans & t-shirt in an old Vectra SRi & was basically ignored & told to be on his way. He then went to the lotus dealer next door, they were far more accommodating & showed him around various cars without judging him.

He was very taken with a Esprit V8 & promptly paid cash for an ex-demo car to collect 2 weeks later.

Roll on 2 weeks he collected his new car in a suit after work & for a laugh popped back to the Porsche dealer. Salesmen this time were all over him like a rash. He then took great delight in say 'Don't you remember me I was in 2 weeks ago in my old Vectra asking about a 911' they replied 'Well no sir' errr 'yeah you wouldn't even let me have a proper sit in that 911 there so I popped down to Lotus & bought this'

He's now on his 3rd lotus.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndyJudge For This Useful Post: