View Single Post
Old Jun 4th, 2019, 14:50   #18
amazondean
amazondean

As you are so far away (240 miles) I don't think it is unreasonable to ask a few questions about the car. The reason it's been two Months is because you were asking more than I thought it was worth, and now maybe it will sell for what it's worth on a no reserve auction. As long as people know what is working and what isn't!

It is a good job I did ask a lot of questions, because your initial answer about the four wheel drive was that it all seems ok. Only when I asked if you can check the prop shaft was still there did it all go wrong! Regarding the photos, I just wanted a few pictures of the bad bits, so I can make an educated guess of its condition. I am actually experienced enough to study close up pictures to gain a good understanding of the body paint and condition. By the way, you only sent 7 pictures to me, most of them were just random nothings.

There is just one question I am wanting an answer to, and that is, Does the car still have its prop shaft connected underneath. I don't see why I should have to drive 240 miles when you could take two minutes to look. I have heard every excuse there is why you can't look under the back of the car and see if the prop shaft is still there. It is big enough and long enough. You don't need to be mechanically minded to do that, though you own several classic Volvo's, so I know you are more than capable.

The four wheel drive is about the most important part of this car and a damn expensive one to put right, so I am sorry that I disagree with you over this. Yes I can look at another one, but I am interested in yours. If I new the prop shaft was there, then at least I have some understanding around it. I am not asking you to take it to a garage and find out if all is 100%

You have been trying to sell this for several Months now on various sites, so maybe you just need to listen to what people want from you and maybe you will actually sell it, as it's still not guaranteed after the ebay listing finishes when the winning bidder finds out the four wheel drive doesn't actually work!

So to just clarify, all you need to do is spend a few minutes having a good luck underneath from the back. There is no need to jack the car up, you can see clearly enough with a phone light and there is more than enough room to get underneath from the back to look. I know, I have several 850's and v70's. You are a young bloke, not an old codger! and if you see a long round thing that is not the exhaust going down the middle of the car, then that will be the prop shaft. It's as simple as that.

I am not wasting your time. I don't have time to waste as I'm sure you don't. I am still interested if I can get answers, that's all.

Regards....Dean

Last edited by amazondean; Jun 4th, 2019 at 15:03.
amazondean is offline   Reply With Quote