View Single Post
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 19:40   #16
Hilltop169

Default Volvo s60 2006 d5... brake failure stop safely message 2020

Hello and thanks for your advice on the cem, I've had several faults with the stop brake safely message, speedo drops out to zero , gearbox even opens up gate to go into reverse... after going through many posts on here I removed all the wiring around and to the ECU found a couple ov Nick's nothing major... after we removed the body control module, broke into the electric box with a dremel we could only find a slight bit corrosion around the circuit board where the bolt goes through so we cleaned and silicone back up and still message came up ...... sombody s post started withtry blowing the horn and yes it works but not if its raining lol so after reading on to the post I'm replying I followed your instructions and removed the wipers to get to the cem bolts and removed cem ....after remove plastics to show the circuits( a very carefully job needs taken here as you could smell the cem totally], I think is a live to the circuit board was a water damaged solder corroded joint so I scraped clean to show the solder and sprayed circuit board with silicone spray .... I also brushed across all pins on cem with a ruff ish file very gently not to bend the pins and reconceceted all the cem and put back together .... snd guess what my light has gone off for three days now including a jet was and some heavy rain .. my friend dave Spraggon the master mechanic helped me all the way and I'm one happy volvo driver happy days ... problem solved and I hope my post helps someone from scratching there heads for weeks like me 😂👍
Hilltop169 is offline   Reply With Quote