Thread: XC70: Suspension - repair costs track rodend ball joint et al
View Single Post
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 09:20   #16
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
The price was labour only!

But I would be buying the parts cheap also, partly because of cost due to my circumstances but mostly because I don't know how much longer the car will last before a large repair may be needed, namely transmission, secondly the rack, so I am playing it by ear but the control arms are needed for the MOT. Plus, I also have smaller issues needing sorting of which I am working through, slowly. I also have to consider how many miles I am doing, be lucky if its 2kpa

So £140 for Labour + £110 for parts (control arms, ball joints and stabilizer links) all in is something I can manage with a little saving here and there, due to the milage i do compared to many other drivers, the job should last me about the same amount in years, even if I had to do the control arms twice during that time, it would still be much cheaper than the main dealer and prob work out at about the same price as an indy.

So, for me over 8 years at about 20k miles at a push, 2 repairs to the control arms, ball joints and stabilizer links (both sides) more likely because of deterioration than damage, £500

I am a tight @ss plus I bought a lemon and forgot how expensive volvo are to run, in my defence, I didn't think my previous T5's were that costly :/ I blame my dogs, I wanted something bigger than the Laguna tourer and I remembered my mate sold 850 and how much leg room that in the rear passenger area and I also remembered that the V70 had vents going in to the rear compartment, that ideal for the dogs in the summer time, so it was back to Volvo, sadly it with my tunnel vision goggles on, then rest his history. I am rambling, carry on...

Well whoever you got your labour quote from is charging mail dealer prices ,

Labour to change 2 x front wishbones is 48 minutes ( Volvo Standard Time )