Thread: Body/Trim: 164: - Aluminium bumper
View Single Post
Old Sep 11th, 2019, 13:34   #9
Derek UK
VOC Member

I was talking to some guys at the Beaulieu Autojumble who had bought an anodised front grill for a late MKI Ford Cortina GT. It was very straight but had quite a few small but obvious damaged areas of anodising. No worries he said, we will be having it re anodized. I wish you luck I said as the anodising process isn't a coating as such but a sort of controlled corrosion that gets a top layer added. They said they were getting it done at a company in Arundel which I assume is this one http://www.fordplating.co.uk/index.htm Perhaps a coincidence that their name is Ford.

These bumpers are simple so should be easy to polish before re anodising if that's the way to do it, so that would reduce the cost a bit. I don't know how they would polish the perforated parts on the Cortina grille but could polish the surround OK. The price for doing the grille for the Cortina might be more justifiable than the Volvo bumpers with the value of that car when restored being several times that of our Volvos.
Maybe worth talking to the company.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote