View Single Post
Old Oct 30th, 2019, 20:14   #102
Odysseus

The clocks have changed, the evenings are drawing in, the temperature is dropping, and my XC90 has decided to add to the autumnal doom by throwing an error...

“Engine System Service Required” is now greeting us on each startup, though performance seems unaffected. The car has been doing a lot of short runs over the summer but recently had an hour and a half at 80mph journey back from Heathrow after we had a week in Ontario so I’d hoped this would have cleared out any cobwebs.

I have noticed mpg has seemingly been dropping in the past few thousand miles - to around 26 average down from 29 average but figured this was due to the weather getting cooler. Could this be linked to the error message?

It’s also making a noise like it’s lost it’s AC gas again, which is irritating as I only had it re-gassed in May.

The only thing that’s been different lately is that it was parked for a week at Heathrow rather than being used every day or two.

I’ll book it in with my indy but any suggestions what it could be? I’ve read it could be a fuel filter problem, but I’ll defer to the collective forum wisdom.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2012 XC90 D5 auto. 189,800 miles.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote