View Single Post
Old Feb 16th, 2018, 11:33   #32
Bernard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Sorry you are wrong again, it is the very opposite to what you are saying, you are mixing up pilot assist (PA2) with lane keeping assist.
PA2 is a self driving aid that as well as using radar cruise control also steers the car and keeps it in the middle of the lane and will maintain a safe distance from any other vehicle.
PA2 brakes accelerates and steers the car automatically the same way as the driver would as long as the driver keeps his hands on the steering wheel and you have to remain alert ready to react for any reason or if PA2 drops out.
If you do not keep your hands on the wheel it gives a warning and PA2 drops out if you do not re-apply steering. The car will slow down and stop if you fail to do so.
It is not for lapses in driving skills or if you fall asleep. Its for use when fully alert.

The part I agreed with in earlier post is this forum is not for posting lectures to other members but for advice help and information.
I give in. I am quoting the Wrong Information given by the poster that I was desperately trying to correct to no avail it seems. At least thank you for agreeing with me at long last.