View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2019, 10:37   #16
AB100

Our March 17 XC60 definately does not have the wiring for the socket in the boot area, I even followed the loom under the back seat to try and locate it, but nothing!
Perhaps its model specific, ours is a SE Lux Nav, i think one of the run out batches, but for identification, there is only one wiring connection box in the boot lamp access on the LHS.
As we dont need a tow bar, I used the trailer supply and mounted the socket on that side. There is a little bag tucked below the access hatch with a double connector, one is the supply to the hitch. I believe that the other is an indicator connection or similar, so I picked up an earth on one of the earth points visible nearby under the boot floor panels. Just needs a J case fuse for the connection box, and a socket of course.
As an afterthought, we have found that with prolonged use of these sockets, the plug can get very hot.
Our main use is for a cool box at 50W, which uses around 4Amps.
So am thinking of adding in a better socket arrangement, such as a two pin figure 8 type plug and socket, as used on portable radios for instance for our next tour!
AB
AB100 is offline   Reply With Quote