View Single Post
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 19:46   #25
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Rooster View Post
STOP farting about,
get a new FUEL PUMP RELAY from evilbay,
unscrew the bit above the fusebox-ashtray/below the radio, (small phillips)
remove that front panel,
replace your FPR which is on the left middle I think in the relay tray
SEE FAQ for exact placement.

I own a 1993 2.0 and had to do this exact job some years ago. Evilbay replacement cost £13.
He hasn't got a problem with fuel delivery, it's something on the injection side. A new fuel pump relay ISN't going to help at this stage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigellazypostman View Post
Right got home from work early and tested radio suppression relay this is working fine and delivering 12V to the injectors when the ignition is switched on this made me think the issue is with the ground switched supply from the ecu. To prove this theory I bared a little of the wire to one injector and bridged a wire to the negative terminal of the battery, the car sprung into life and sounded the best it has for ages clearly this isn’t a fix but it’s progress any suggestions where to go next?
Your ECU is mounted in the drivers footwell behind the kick panel. Check all the wiring between the injectors and the ECU, if all is well, disconnect the battery -ve and then remove the kickpanel trim and check the main plug is connected properly into the ECU. If not, refit it correctly, reconnect the battery and try again

If it is connected properly, unplug it and spray contact cleaner into the plug and socket area, connect and disconnect the plug several times giving it one final squirt of contact cleaner before final reconnection. If that doesn't work then it points to the ECU sadly.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote