View Single Post
Old Mar 11th, 2020, 12:51   #167
blueosprey90
Master Member

On Monday night, I reinstalled the driver's side door and then a new Hagan's Fattie sideview mirror. No door card just yet and no handles, although I may install the handles temporarily. Even though I cut off all around the right short right wing of the rubber trim shown in photo #163, the door is still very tight to close. But without cutting that part off, it was impossible to close.

Last night, I tightened up the rear boot lid. I had previously repaired and re-installed the self locking boot hinge (post #158) and then spent some time trying to adjust the boot lid to see if I could improve the gaps. Somewhat successful. Later in the summer, I will need to repair rust and chips in the area of the seal and on the underside of the boot lid and try to paint to improve condition and appearance. It's pretty decrepit under the boot lid with 60 years of dirt and dust and abuse apparent.

This morning it is in the 50s and most of the salt used on the winter highways seems to have washed away. I'll try to start it up and drive to work.
blueosprey90 is offline   Reply With Quote