View Single Post
Old Sep 6th, 2018, 11:30   #25
NorthantsPete

Well the ar6400 did fix it for say a montha nd a half but ic ant afford to do that so regularly.

the problem came back just 2 days ago after a long 400 mile run to cornwall and back full of kids and luggage (it was flawless whole 8 days there and back)

Im wondering if
1) the 8 days of short journeys and low speeds built up carbon
2) i then added while there, a £40 crap fuel and the toolstation additive
3) as i came to the end of the tank of additive fuel the problem came back
4) the carbon cleaned off as caused an issue somewhere.

Im thinking a better plan maybe just to switch to premium fuel full time as i used to on my Avensis. The gradual cleaning ability may keep things at bay and if any cleaning is done its not a big bang clean which could cause problems

I resolved the issue by locking gears into 4th and giving it an italian tuneup but that wasnt until i turned off the ignition for 5 mins.

I find if i drive fast, its ok, if i drive like miss daisy it comes back, especially when in cruise control mode for too long at say 70.

Weird as i did 200 miles there and 200 back in cruise with no issue, its only when i add an additive the problem comes shortly after.

Might need to keep things consistent and not think everythings ok, switch to supermarket fuel and then get problems after a clean byt sticking to one fuel type.

still not done the fuel filter but that will be the next stage
NorthantsPete is offline   Reply With Quote