Thread: Impact strength
View Single Post
Old Mar 18th, 2017, 11:26   #16
AB-UK
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
If you are in an accident and it is the other persons fault and it is reported, your insurance premium will go up.
I have queried this strongly in the past and they just say although it was not your fault, we consider you a higher risk of having a claim. Although I think insurance companies commit robbery I can sort of understand their logic, for example:
If you are someone who brakes hard a lot and a car hits you from behind then it is their fault, but you increase the risk by braking hard all the time and it sort of indicates your type of driving style.
Perhaps - but when you are stopped at a red traffic light and someone drives into your rear ......... ???

Insurance companies are licenced to thieve. They're happy to take premiums from the vast majority who never make a claim, build enormous scyscrapers in the centre of most major capital cities, pay equally enormous salaries and bonuses to their executives based on their profits. Then when they are required to make a payout, instead of taking it on the chin, they increase premiums to pay for the payouts so that their profits, salaries and bonuses are not affected.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote