Thread: Advice Required
View Single Post
Old Aug 29th, 2018, 11:08   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceejay 1974 View Post
Hi all,

Just joined forum, hoping for some much needed advice, should I take the plunge and purchase my first Volvo.

I've really taken a shine to a Volvo C30 D5 SE that's come up for sale. It looks great with low mileage and I've just turned 50 and probably having a mid life crisis (3dr + nice power) !!

Problem is car has this message on it - SRS Airbag Service Urgent.

I've trawled through several websites, their forums etc etc to look for answers....some ranging from people who have ViDA / Dice (yep, been looking hard, never knew such things existed !) to Volvo main dealers requiring an absolute fortune for sorting it.

Do I not touch car with bargepole or take the plunge and go for it as it's an easy fix....loose connector etc ????

Anyone live reasonably close to me, so that If I do purchase and someone has this Dice thingy is able to help me out for a few large beers !!!

I live near Swansea, S.W.Wales.

Cheers in advance
simple really . get them to fix it before you take delivery or get £500 off the price … It won't be a simple fix and will need to go to the dealer to read codes and go from there . It is a MOT failure .