View Single Post
Old Nov 12th, 2018, 12:22   #17
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyblackbaron View Post
My dealer said "that's a new one, no-one has ever reported this problem before", gave me a shrug and sent me on my way.

The reason why it irritates me is because the actual indicator flash is steady - surely the electronic signal going to that could also have gone to a relay to make the "tick" sound. I understand that because they wanted a software generated sound it needs processing power but it just seems like form over function to me.

For me, it's not just the odd tick that it skips, it's every time I indicate, which is why it annoys me.

Before I get attacked and told to get a life etc, I should point out that I love the rest of the car and this problem is not keeping me awake at night.
I am afraid that is not good enough , they obviously do not care , and are not doing their job correctly ..you need to press them on this to get the correct procedure carried out as I described , they are burying their head in the sand , I wish they would in real life !

Yes it is very irritating to hear the uneven tick .. I seem to remember volvo do know about it and maybe they are waiting for a fix , but you need to report it again ..