View Single Post
Old Oct 11th, 2019, 12:22   #6
spaceman2844

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIOW View Post
I’m in a similar position....last service 6 weeks ago.

I’ve chosen to not renew the warranty, but to hang to it on for now: Leicester has a decent independent dealer in town I will use.
Trouble is, our car is just so good, I can’t think what I would chop it in for! Feels like I’m returning to the “bangernomics” of my youth

I agree with others....even if you do get the unexpected bill - or even expected, like cam belt next service! - it is still almost certainly cheaper to hold on.

Main question is whether you get bored of it!
I'm in exactly the same position. Had a few minor bills outside warranty since I finished the additional 4th year of warranty. But still cheaper than paying for the warranty. Will probably stay with main dealer for 6 year service (had the 5 year £500 service plan) if they can do it at a reasonable price.

Love the car, although was never 100% happy with the basic sound system. So, to stop me getting bored with the car, I upgraded the sound system myself so no need to change now for a few years!