View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2021, 11:59   #10
sk546
Master Member

I'm speechless, its ridicules that its a know problem and there is still no ETA for the fix.

Although contacting Volvo Customer Support will likely get you nowhere on getting an ETA for the software fix, I think it would be well worth lodging a complaint and requesting some form of compensation, after all, you have paid extra money to buy the T8 to enable you to save money and the environment (well, kinda) by utilising the PHEV advantages the T8 offers however, not being able to use these means you are basically driving around in a fat T6 using extra fuel to lug about all the hybrid components that you cant actually use!!
As its an admitted known fault, Volvo can't argue the issue isn't there leaving them little recourse but to accept your complaint and hopefully offer you something.
Its a personal choice for some people to buy a T8 and hardly/never use its hybrid ability in order to utilise the better BIK tax implications it offers but in your case, you have no other option than to not utilise the hybrid system.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post: