View Single Post
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 11:23   #15
R-P
Master Member

Someone offering help on the AW55, COOL.

Let's start off by saying: I'm not sure I HAVE the AW55, as the computerscreen at the Volvodealer showed "AW50/51" iirc.

Just ran outside and the box itself says on an "Aisian AW" sticker: 55-51
03LV706106
8675 147 (these two numbers are under eachother, therefor I placed a [space] between them).

Problem I have is a message in the dash reading : transmission service required (it's actually the Dutch version, so this is not literally what it says!)

Symptoms:
- the "D" in my display disappears and a 'minus-sign' takes its place,
- the power is (...even...) lower than normal, especially in getting rolling/getting off the line
- I am missing 5th gear,
- the geartronic manual function is not available anymore and
- the cruise control indicator turns ON, but the function itself is not available.

When hooking up my recently acquired ODB reader I get P0748, "Pressure control Solenoid "A" electrical"
Also some other codes, but lets stick with the P0748 for now...

Any thoughts to what specific problem this is?
I want to check all connections of the solenoids (which one specifically?), but I do not know where to find them exactly, so help is appreciated (if needed I could remove the air-box this weekend?). I tried to have a look just now, and there appear to be some wires coming out of the box and connectors that are between the radiator and the air-box/EGR return elbow thinghy. May post a pic up later. (But beware I have a LHD, the (UK) description for changing the transmissionfluid I did 2 days ago called for the drainplug to be obscured by the rear-brakelines, but on my car they are nowhere near the drainplug . This drain/flush with 14 liters is afaik not related to this issue, but had been planned since before the issue arose. The issue was there before and after.)

Someone linked this and I located the thinghy in the first pic that sticks out to the front of the car that seems like a cover. Is this where the solenoids are hiding? Can I simply unscrew this cover and the solenoids (apart from the 3 that are matched to the housing and should NEVER be removed according to this paper) and thus test them?

Help is VERY, VERY much appreciated!!!

Last edited by R-P; Jan 8th, 2010 at 11:29.
R-P is offline   Reply With Quote