View Single Post
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 12:05   #20
bubbster

Default adaptive settings?

HI,

Thanks for that attachement on the AW55-50.

I have a 01B serial number? I have the exact symptoms below (lifted from the attached doc) - which have been intermittant which has led me to believe that this is electrical;

Description: This transmission relies on adaptive data to properly adjust the shift pressure. If the adaptation is not complete, it may result in one or more of the following:

• Harsh flare. Engine RPM will increase during a shift. This symptom feel like the transmission has lost drive. It usually happens during the 2-3 shift.
• Harsh down shift. Bumpy down shift when the gas pedal is odd (Zero).
• Harsh Garage shift. Sever bump when engaging forward or reverse from park or neutral.
• Harsh engagement control. After coming to a complete stop in drive, with the foot on the brake, the TCM waits for 2 seconds and then disengages drive to reduce emissions. This disengagement is not usually felt by the driver. If adaptation is not complete, then a “thud” will be felt. A harsh re-engagement will also be felt.

Any one got any advice? I will try to reset the adaptive settings, but unsure if this is all it will take, or whether this will re-occur.

ALso, I broke two of the orange rubber gasket seals on the electrical connectors from the Tranny when inspecting (to clean contacts and investigate). Any hints as to how to replace these - if needed?)

Was also wondering whether the B4 servo cover was easily replaced, or is it an engine out job?

Many thanks
bubbster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbster For This Useful Post: