View Single Post
Old Aug 23rd, 2018, 22:13   #13
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSaintJames View Post
I tried to get some photos of the PCR system this evening, but just couldn't see amything! Unless it really is that hidden, I donit think I have part F in that diagram Dave.#

Back to the contortionism, did Volvo really have to make it so fiddly and difficult to change a service item like a distributor cap?! So I changed it this evening, including the rotor arm and HT leads.

However, now i need HELP! The car misfires really badly... I have a suspicion. There is some kind of sensor (hall sensor?) on the bottom of the dizzy cap, that looks like it should sit in/around the lip of the distributor. I didn't notice if this was clipped in when the old cap came off, but now it's loose and the car almost won't run. Should this clip back in, or have I broken it inadvertantly? It isn't 'off' off, it is still secured by something - so fingers crossed!

I will have another go tomorrow when it's light, for most the most part this evening I couldn't see a damned thing!

Might see about getting some of the old exhaust off in the morning too, the new system should arrive before Saturday.
Did you use the flash on your camera Tom? You might be surprised and the oil separator is there - it may look a bit different but it should be there. If not it would be spewing oil out like the Exxon Valdez!

I think you need to look at the dizzy cap and the Hall Effect lead that goes into it when it's light, also double check you didn't swap two of the HT leads in their respective positions - it's easily done!

There should be markings on one or other of the dizzy caps numbered 1,2,3 and 4, if you can work out which is which and which plug lead is which, make sure they're where they should be. It's confusing because it's such a strange shape, not a conventional circular arrangement - even worse with 6 cylinders on a similar design cap!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: