View Single Post
Old Aug 11th, 2019, 22:01   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1974 View Post
I'm wondering if any one can give me any pointers on what the problem could be. I've had a V70 1.6 DRIVe for 5 days and it's been low on power since day one. First of all I should point out that the car has done 217000 miles so this could well be the problem. It was a company car and came with full history and had a new turbo last year. If i'm very gentle with the throttle it does pick up but sometimes even that is an effort. If i plant the throttle there is pretty much no responce and it takes an age to get anywhere. I really have to work the revs and the turbo only really works 2500 revs onwards. The car does nothing below that. Even a slight incline has me dropping down the gears.
Has anyone had any experience of these engines doing high miles or could it be something as simple as a sensor.
Any help or guidence is very much appreciated.

Scott
you have bought someone else's problem , can't you take it back ? Most likely the fuel filter blocked through lack of proper servicing .. There should be an easy to see blue dot on the top if it is a genuine volvo filter .. I would strongly advise you get a genuine one if you are going to get it changed .

How do you know it is low on power if it is new to you? Did it go better at first ?