View Single Post
Old Oct 10th, 2016, 10:04   #11
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Hi!

an update on my battle against this issue.

Yesterday did a proper check of all components as per cheshired5's YT video, lifted up the car, removed all wheels and took a close look at middle hub screw and those rings. Screws were fine, no problem, rings looked completely different than on the video though - mine does not look like cog, more like rubber seal with small grooves running with the diameter. In fact I think thats what it was. I cleaned it up and everything, but Im pretty sure it was not related to speed sensors. I had a very close look at beck of the hub, and failed to locate anything remotely similar to those from the video.
What I did find though is that on every hub there was a small sensor with cabling, as per picture. Seem to me those are ABS sensors on every wheel right? I cleaned them up with contact cleaner just for the piece of mind, checked cables for wear&tear but was not able to pull the sensors out (I unscrewed the screw but sensor didnt budge).
questions so:

1) why my car doesnt have those "cog rings" as per video? Do I have different sensors?
2) what are those sensors I found for - would they be related to VehicleSpeedSensor
3) how to remove/replace them without breaking?

I managed to borrow vida+Dice unit so I will try to play with it today, although being complete n00b with this system it may take me few attempts to actually do something right so any feedback on questions above will be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sensor.jpg (126.2 KB, 9 views)