View Single Post
Old Mar 23rd, 2024, 08:52   #20
sk546
Master Member

Its obviously just a me thing as I personally now find that AAOS is a far superior system for how I use it compared to my previous Sensus car, yes, it would be nice no have the Drive Mode select and battery hold functions easier access but overall, everything just works better, smoother and is mostly more operable than I found with Sensus.

For the majority of the niggles that other people have found, I don't share them as I'm not using the functions (and never did in Sensus) and as such, I don't miss the fact they are not there.
For how I use my car, AAOS just works and as yet, I haven't had masses of issues with the AAOS Operating system crashing and requiring multiple resets, for this I count myself very lucky as there appears to be alot of reported issues on here about it.
Google Maps as a navigation system is light years better than the Sensus navigation, my HK sound system gives me superb sound quality that needs no adjustments by me to improve it and for things I need to adjust, adjustment is easy and the voice commands work very well.

Everyone's experience and requirements for a cars Infotainment/operating system are different and what one person finds an issue wont even be noticed by someone else. All we can do is find something that works for you and if it dosen't, switch to find something that does.
Clearly, Volvo aren't going to make AAOS into a clone of Sensus, the sensus system was volvo's own system and they controlled the rights and could change what they wanted to whenever they wanted. AAOS is not Volvo's system and making changes requires multiple buy-in's from the different partners which takes time and money on all fronts and if all do not agree, its not implemented.
Its about time people accept that AAOS is what it is (i.e. not a clone of Sensus) and move on.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post: