View Single Post
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 20:27   #17
p.swan

As mentioned earlier in this thread, mine went in on Thursday for the clean and reprograme routine (f.o.c. still under Volvo used warrenty). Interestingly mine had not failed completly, the car just seemed sluggish, with a rough idle and very rough when cold. Thought I had better get it checked whilst still under warrenty incase it was the ETM . It now drives the best it has done since I bought it, so it looks like this problem can manifest itself in various ways before it fails completely. Incidently the service dept at Rybrook Warrington were quite upfront about this problem and helpfull. They admitted this may not solve it completley. I raised the issue with the sales manager who was instantly agressive, confrontational and pretty much denied the existance of this problem. The concern shown to a customer who had recently bought one of their cars was of the couldn`t give a damn variety, and certainly not what one would expect from a `premium` brand. My recent Volvo ownership experience continues to leave me very underwhelmed.
p.swan is offline   Reply With Quote