Thread: V70 ecu me7
View Single Post
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 10:35   #6
Bernard333
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by map360 View Post
I see people are viewing my post but not replying does this mean im not the only one in the dark about this.????
Are there not more people on here with the ME7 ecu that have upgraded or remapped.Even a discussion on the subject may help me and others in the future
I am replying but only to say, yes I am also in the dark on this and also have a 2001 T5 , I am not interested in having more than the 240bhp its already got as I would not know what to do with it but I agree with you a discussion on the subject would be good. I think you cannot swop ecus as mistybornT5 says the imobiliser would be a problem. I was also under the impression right or wrong that all the modules are coded to prevent them being swopped from one car to another. It was suggested to me by Thanatos helping me with advice to try swopping a D5 ecu to see if it would get a non starter going that may have an ecu problem also swopping the key/antenna wiring etc along with ecu might work , not tried it yet but considering the idea.
Bernard333 is offline   Reply With Quote