Thread: V70 ecu me7
View Single Post
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 23:15   #9
map360

Thanks lads i have not changed the ecu to try it yet so dont think i will bother, sound about right that they are set to the car with key codes and stuff.
I do like the idea of changing the injectors over to bigger cc ones but will the me7 flid out with those?
I did try to put a manual boost control on it in various different places ie before control valve and after and even as a bypass but in all cases the ecu sensed overboost and shut it off,so i gave up on that idea but i did change the vac hoses.
I have also been told about giving the actuator arm a twist or 2 but what i didnt understand is that they go slack after so long so that can cause a loss of boost so that will be first thing on my list to do, or even look at buying a new one or short mileage used actuator.
To be honest as the car goes i really love it i was lucky enough to get a nice tidy looked after one for its age,i just wished it was as simple as my 97 t5 to play with...i will upload some pics soon.
I also found a guy in S****horpe that will remap to 276bhp for £150 buy post but im not to confident in sending it off as you dont know if it will come back the same and be £150 down for nothing. does any one know some where in the Midlands that do these me7 remap for around the same price?
map360 is offline   Reply With Quote